Starting out on your HDR journey can be challenging and for many students’ feelings of anxiety, ‘imposter syndrome’ and confusion can hamper progress.
REACH P2P mentorship provides valuable advice, feedback and support across the first 12 months of your candidature from a fellow student from your faculty. It isn't intended to replace your supervisors, nor to give academic advice, but a mentor will provide you with a friend, ally and support as you find your way.
We are now inviting Expressions of Interest from HDR Candidates in all faculties who wish to participate as Mentors or Mentees in the next REACH P2P HDR Mentoring program commencing in March 2023.
Want to know more? Check out the Information Sheets for Mentors and Mentees.
Why become a Mentor?
- DEVELOP valuable leadership, communication and professional skills
- CONNECT with rich research and professional networks
- FOSTER a sense of belonging and social integrity in the wider scholarly community
Why become a Mentee?
- LEARN to navigate the administrative and academic requirements of the HDR program
- GROW with and learn from your peer, research and professional networks
- DEVELOP confidence, leadership skills and adapt to the rhythms of academic life
One of the greatest values of mentors is the ability to see ahead what others cannot see and to help them navigate a course to their destination. - John C. Maxwell